Proverbs around the corner

"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive tons of shit."

Monday, September 29, 2008

Awaiting for My Prince... at 30s

Still awaiting for my prince, I've become no longer a princess but an old maid. Ke ke ke. Ironic, but true. Too long to wait, too many nights spent alone. Still cannot find the true man. One is too short, one is alcoholic, one is unemployed, one is too fat, one is too brutal, etc, etc. This list will go one for so long that might little cute hands might get tired. What to do? Wait. But for how long? I don't know. This is the conversation I have with myself. Have I missed my one knight or he has not arrived yet? Or even worse, he will never show up? Ke ke ke.

It is hard to please a woman at such age (I'm not that old, but will not be considered young by many) with her little, but vital experience, with her already biased opinions towards men. It is hard to affect her lifestyle as well. She is used to getting things done and placed her away. She will be bossy, less caring, less romantic, less flexible. What kind of man she wants? More caring, more romantic, more flexible, but well established. Do you see the contrast? Can you point at the disparity?

So, poor women like me, wait and wait, dreaming of their Prince on the White Horse, who in reality will be either young homeboy with no life experience, or well established cold hearted "master," or man by appearance and baby by heart, or ... unlimited list...

I'm not here to complain, just here to tell you our stories. Our side of the ridiculous and ironic poetry, which is so beautifully written with pain, loneliness, and passion.

What do we want?! WE DON'T KNOW :)


No comments: