Proverbs around the corner

"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive tons of shit."

Friday, April 11, 2008

Preserving water? Being Economical?


Every morning I have to go through rather "distressing" process. I have to let open my hot water for about 30-40 minutes in order to get proper hot water to take shower, wash my face, etc. I cannot imagine amount of clean water wasted each morning by me. Probably, most apartment residents do the same. I heard my friends do the same, who live in different parts of the UB. Tons of clean water is wasted just to get hot water. Is it economical? No. Environmentally, it is disastrous. However, I need hot water. All city residents need proper hot water flowing from the mixers. It made me think about electricity, water, and heat usage in UB. It is very inefficient. Nowadays, when it is very warm outside, people do not need central heating, and they open their windows to cool down the rooms. Central heating for residential areas will stay until May 15, for another 1 month. I thought to myself, how come we do not build houses and apartment blocks that utilize unit boilers, room and water heaters. It is obvious that Mongolia is not rich in natural gases, and if we were to utilize gas as the source of heating and cooking, it would not be economical too. However, each house, apartment could have electric mini-boiler, that heats the radiators in the rooms and hot water whenever needed. I would prefer to have electric heated shower, than to run the water for 30 minutes. It will save me time, money, obviously and most importantly it will save clean water. Is there anyone experiencing the same problem and feeling bit guilty? Why can't we do something about it? Or am I being too sarcastic and spaced-out? Keke

No comments: