Proverbs around the corner

"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive tons of shit."

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HOW I MET MY FIRST LOVE

I tried to remember the time when I fell in love for the first time. I tried to remember the times when I had butterflies in my stomach, when my head was in clouds, when my soul was dancing with joy.

It was when I turned 15. I met HIM in National Cultural and Recreational Park, while I was skipping class with my classmates. He was doing the same. It was sunny spring morning. Not lot of people was there, as it was school (work) day. Three girls kept bumping into two boys. Finally, as we sat down, two boys were passing just by us. My classmate T was very joyful and adroit girl. She called them over. Two boys were plain and ordinary looking boys in same age range as us. T demanded them to identify themselves, by asking their name, where they study, and what they are doing now. The other girl and I were shyly sitting in the background. At that time, my self-confidence was on the "floor." I would not believe, if someone said a compliment to me. Thus, I saw one of them, said to myself "He is nice." I did not believe that he even would look at me. T was still interrogating them. It ended with T taking their phone numbers and their taking ours.

In 1995, there were no mobile phones available; only home landlines where available, maybe even if you were lucky enough to have one in your home. If I remember correctly, the calling rates were flat for whole month, so you would not worry about calling someone for too long.

After few days, HE called. We talked all night until dawn. From the first instance we liked each other, and it turned into long-term relationship, that lasted on and off for five years.

No comments: